Wednesday, March 16, 2016

So Suzy Stamps Guest Designer - Elegance

Hello Everyone! While you’re reading this, I’m freezing my tush off in Minnesota! I hope you’re all keeping warm!

This week I’ll be sharing three cards I made using the dress form stamps as well as some glitter embossing powder, PearlEx, and lotsa bling! I hope you like them!


For my first card, I used the Dress Form Set. I stamped it in light grey, twice across the card front, trimming the edges so I wouldn’t have a half dress form hanging off the edge of my card. I then stamped the Elegance sentiment in black Versa-fine ink. I adhered a strip of grey and white polka dot ribbon around my white card front. I mounted my card front onto grey card textured card stock, then onto a black and white damask print patterned paper and onto a white card base. I tied a bow with another piece of the polka dot ribbon and adhered it to the front, then attached three rows of pearls. Quick and simple with a lot of elegance, just like the stamp says!

For my next card, I used each of the dress form stamps and aligned them using my MISTI then individually stamped them in a rainbow of colors using Distress Ink.


I then used Versa-Mark to stamp the BE sentiment and heat embossed it using glitter embossing powder. I used the stitched rectangles die to give some texture to my boarder then inked the edges. I mounted it on purple shimmering card stock then inked those edges as well. Then I mounted it to a white card base. Just look at the shine!



For my final card of the week, I broke out my PearlEx. These are the same as Perfect Pearls, but come in a larger variety of colors for a cheaper price. For this card, I used Dress Form 2 – Simple Swirl and the Confidence is Sexy sentiment stamp.


I ran a piece of black card stock through my embossing machine, again using the stitched rectangle die cut. I stamped my image and sentiment in Versa-Mark and layered on various colors of PearlEx using a standard paint brush. I then misted a little water over the surface to set to PearlEx. I mounted the card front onto my purple shimmery card stock then onto a white card base. I adhered a few gems to help fill the space above the sentiment. I always struggle with my bling placement, but try to stick to the rule of using an odd number based on a blog post I read forever ago about how the brain reacts to odd or even numbers of things. What is your rule for bling? Share it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment