Thursday, March 17, 2016

Quick Card - Truly Rest

Today I wanted to share with you a very quick set of cards I made, using images and stamps from Unity Stamp CompanyFor this card, I used the Truly Rest image and sentiment.

To make this card, I cut strips of blue cardstock into 12 x 3 inch strips. I then stamped 3 images onto each strip, using VersaMark and heat embossed the entire strip using Nuvo Embossing Powder in Classic Gold. I like to assembly line out my cards when possible and this was a great way to do so. I was able to stamp, then sprinkle, then heat emboss 3 images at a time this way.

I then trimmed my images into 2.75 x 2.75 inch squares and inked the edges in both a light and dark blue, smudging the corners for an additional distressed look. I then trimmed a piece of patterned paper into 3 x 3 inch squares, and a piece of green solid card stock into a 3.25 x 3.25 inch square, then matted my image.
I then selected two different patterns of washi tape, one in a blue and green chevron and one in blue polka dots. I placed one piece of the wider chevron washi tape at the top of a yellow 3.75 x 5 inch piece of card stock, and two strips of the thinner polka dot washi below it, leaving very little space in between.
Using blue dye ink, I stamped the sentiment onto my yellow card stock. I then placed my matted image at an angle atop my washi tape. I glued that piece onto a 5.25 x 4 inch piece of patterned paper and adhered it to my 5.5 x 4.25 inch craft card base. I placed 3 dots of Nuvo Crystal Drops in Midnight Blue.
If you haven't checked out the Nuvo line, you can shop at So Suzy Stamps for a wide variety of embossing powders, Glitter Drops, and Crystal Drops.

I kept the inside of my card simple. I matted a piece of white cardstock measuring 3.75 x 5 inches onto a piece of solid green card stock measuring 5.25 x 4 inches.
Using a bit of an assembly line, I was able to make 9 cards (2 sets for my Etsy shop at 1 for charity) within about 90 mins. I did let the Crystal Drops dry over night before packaging them.


These cards remind me of the hope Spring brings and I feel both serenity and cheer when I look at them! Let me know what they make you feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment