Wednesday, March 16, 2016

So Suzy Stamps Guest Designer - Wedding Season

Hey Everyone! This is my last submission as Guest Designer. I appreciate all of the kind comments and encouragement from all of you and hope you found some inspiration in the cards I’ve shared.

To wrap up, I thought we could start thinking about wedding season, which will be in full swing before we know it. I’ll be featuring three cards I made using the Bride and Groom image paired with the Just Married arrow stamp.

For each of my cards, I used Versa-Fine black ink. I find it to be the boldest and crispest statement that provides excellent coverage without bleeding, no matter what paper stock I use. Even with the Versa-Fine, I still used my MISTI and stamped each image multiple times to ensure bold coverage. I then positioned the sentiment stamp above the image and stamped it in the same.

Each was adorned with Faber Castell Texture Gems but you could use Liquid Pearls or the new Nuvo Crystal Drops which would be stunning.

Here’s my first card.



I colored the brides dress in gold Wink of Stella. Look at that shine.



I then decorated the swirls with dots of Texture Gems. The image was mounted onto gold glitter card stock and onto a white card base. I added a few drops of the Texture Gems to the tails of the sentiment.




For my second card, I followed the same process, this time covering my card base in vellum featuring gold hearts. I layered an ivory and gold ribbon over the vellum and adhered a lovely gem I had in my embelly stash. I used fewer Texture Gems on the swirls, and adorned the ends of my sentiment as I did on the first card.

For my last card, I switched up my gold Texture Gems for white. 
The consistency was a bit different and a bit thicker. 
At first I was worried about seeing a bit of a dollop or point to my dots, but they dried
giving that nice rounded dot.


I covered my card base in pink glitter paper and gold mirror paper. 
I colored the bride’s bouquet in both dark and light pink Wink of Stella 
and my sentiment in gold and pink Wink of Stella.
I then wrapped a gold striped ribbon across the bottom for some added bling.



This stamp provides many opportunities to customize your card to suit the wedding colors 
of the couple you will present it to. 
Play around and have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment