Wednesday, March 16, 2016

So Suzy Stamps Guest Designer - Tulip Love

I had the pleasure of being a Guest Designer over at the So Suzy Stamps blog. Here's one of the designs I shared.

Suzy has an amazing range of stamps in her shop that work so well for romantic themed cards. My favorite are the Paris themed stamps. The sentiments are beautifully scripted and replace apostrophes with hearts, and who doesn’t love hearts!
For each of the cards I’ll show you today, I used the Tulip Stem stamp.

The first card features the Mon Amour stamp. I love this stamp with the O replaced with a heart. The size is great and the script is beautiful!



To make this card, I simply cut a piece of white card stock, inked the stem up in both Shabby Shutters and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink and the flower and sentiment in Victorian Velvet. I used 100 lb card stock which did tend to bleed a little with the distress inks but I think it lends itself to a softer, more romantic sort of stenciled or airbrushed look. I then matted my white card stock on two shades of pink and adhered it to a white card base.

For my next card, I paired the Tulip Stem with the J’Adore sentiment. I stamped my stem in Mowed Lawn and the bottom half of my flower in Festive Berries Distress Ink and the top in Worn Lipstick. It gave it a nice Ombre effect. I then stamped the sentiment in Festive Berries.



I mounted my image on a distressed red card stock, then onto another deeper red card stock, and further distressed the edges using a sanding block. I then mounted it onto a white card base, keeping a 1/8 inch boarder.

What’s a So Suzy card without some snark? For my last card, I again used the Tulip stamp and this time paired it with the Common Sense stamp from the Snarky section of the shop.


I again stamped my stem in Shabby Shutters Distress Ink and used both Seedless Preserves and Milled Lavender. I then stamped the sentiment in Seedless Preserves and mounted it to dark purple card stock onto a lavender base card.


If you haven’t picked up the Tulip Stem stamp be sure to do it right away! It’s so beautiful and makes a lovely focal point for cards of any occasion. I hope you enjoyed the clean and simple cards this week and I’ll see you again next week featuring another set of cards! 

You can pick these up at Suzy's shop in Bloomfield NM or check my Etsy shop for a similar design.


No comments:

Post a Comment