Wednesday, March 16, 2016

So Suzy Stamps Guest Designer - A card for all Seasons

Hello Everyone! I hope you had a fabulous week!

Things were very busy around here! I got a last minute invitation to attend an Anime/Martial Arts exhibition and although I didn’t feel that my cards were a good fit for the venue, sales greatly exceeded my expectation. Not only did I sell out of an entire line of cards that I wasn’t even advertising, but I picked up a custom order as well. You never know when you’ll be in the right place at the right time to make that sale! Plus it’s always good to get out of our comfort zones from time to time!

Let’s get to this week’s cards! I’ll be featuring a bunch of different stamps I used to make Spring, Summer and Fall themed cards and hope you like what you see!




For my first card, I cut three strips of white paper measuring 4 x 1.5 inches. I then used the Bride and Groom stamp set on the corner of my strips and stamped just the swirl from the bride’s dress in Dusty Concord, Cracked Pistachio, and Mermaid Lagoon Distress inks. I stamped Butterfly 3 in the same colors and ran them through my Scan N Cut.



I then mounted my strips onto a piece of dark pink card stock and stamped the Small Merci in Picked Raspberry Distress Ink and adhered the piece to my white card base.

I used a few pop dots to give my butterflies flight. I adorned them with a single white pearl from Hero Arts and added a row of pearls to underline my sentiment. I love the Spring Feeling this card gives!

My next card for the week has a Summertime feel. I again cut three strips of paper but this time I used the Wedding Dress stamp to create my swirls. I stamped them in Weathered Wood, Stormy Sky, and Chipped Sapphire. I then stamped the Daisy Doodle in the same colors and blinged them with some clear rhinestones. I used the Bonjour stamp for my sentiment in Chipped Sapphire.



I adhered the three strips, light to dark, on a piece of patterned paper, then mounted them to a solid blue piece of card stock and onto my card base. Leaving a small boarder around each. I used pop dots to adhere my flowers and voilà!
   
For my last card of the week, I bring you a Fall inspired card. Fall feels like a lifetime away, but the colors are lovely and the options in Suzy’s shop for Autumn theme stamps are as abundant as the leaves on the trees!



For this card, I stamped my three white card strips in Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, and Festive Berries Distress Ink using the Blowing Leaves stamp. I stamped the Line Leaf 1 images in the same colors and used my Scan N Cut to cut them out. I then stamped the Autumn sentiment in Festive Berries.

I adhered my card strips to a green embossed leafy patterned paper and onto a white card base. Leaves were popped up with foam dots.

I’d love to see your take on this layout using your So Suzy Stamps and the new line of Ink Bites!


No comments:

Post a Comment