Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Girl Talk - Snarkfest



I love making coordinating card sets! Even if they're not always going to the same recipient, I think it's fun when papers, layouts, images, or sentiments align like the stars! Ha!

Today I have a witty set for you using the same image from Unity Stamp Co called Give Love - Laugh Lots. While this set comes with great sentiments I opted to pair the image with sentiments from So Suzy Stamps.

My first card features a So Suzy Stamp sentiment (say that three times fast) called Size Matters.
I stamped my image in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it with Spectrum Noir Markers. The sentiment was stamped using Versa Fine Black Ink. I simply mounted my 3.75 x 5 card front onto a corresponding color solid card stock mat, then mounted to 110 lb card stuck cut at 4.25 x 5.5 (just cut an 8.5 x 11 piece of card stuck in half and fold in the middle). I couldn't leave well enough alone and adhered some bling by Recollections.

For my next card, I used a sentiment from So Suzy Stamps called Faked A Sarcasm. Using the same inks as my first card, I stamped the image and sentiment, colored with Spectrum Noir markers and adhered bling from Recollections. All measurements on the second card match the first.


While the inside of my first two cards contain blank matted card stock, I did have to include an inside sentiment on my last card. Following the same techniques used on the first two, this time I paired my image with a sentiment called Good Friends Know.
While I love the sentiment as a whole, I feel that the last part of it makes a great punch line for the inside of a card. So hold onto your seats, make sure you're sitting down......I cut the sentiment in half. Yes, I cut my stamp. It can always be put back together if I want the sentiment whole again, but I actually do this with a lot of my stamps to provide more flexibility. It makes it easier than having to ink up just part of a sentiment, stamp it, then hope you cleaned it well enough to now ink up the other part and stamp it somewhere else.


Doesn't this make for a fun card with the sentiment split up? Don't be shy ladies. Grab your scissors. Admittedly I've only ever cut red rubber stamps.
If you are going to cut them. don't worry about a clean cut, or trimming them down after you cut them. Keeping them a bit imperfect at your cut line and not trimming them further makes them easier to piece together if you wish to put them back again. The pieces will fit just like a puzzle.

I think this makes a great coordinating set. I plan to list it in my Etsy shop as a three piece offering and think the coordination adds to the appeal. Let me know what you think!



5 comments:

  1. Love the sentiments and images! Great set of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. สล็อต ทางเข้าเล่นที่ดี เว็บออนไลน์ วอเลท เกม pg slot ออนไลน์ยอดฮิตมากที่สุดในขณะนี้ เว็บ pg มาพร้อมเกมส์ออนไลน์ PG SLOT เกมที่มีให้เลือกเล่นมากกว่า 100 เกมให้เลือกเล่น

    ReplyDelete